Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: I Peter 3:8
Where do we start for June—it was a packed wonderful month. We had our usual daily schedule but also added a few extras. This included a Pastor’s and Wives’ Fellowship held in Asahikawa (center of our island) and our schedule allowed attendance for this preaching and fellowship time. It was a great blessing. We continued to work with Virgil in getting him acclimated to Japan, our schedule, started in language learning, and being involved where he can.
We both had follow-up checkups and praise God do not have to see that doctor until the first part of October. Ken’s stones had not changed nor moved, so as long as they are stable there is no further need of treatment at this time. Vicki did decide to see a respiratory doctor at the hospital due to her asthma continuing to trouble her and because it had been advised by several that she be checked for sleep apnea syndrome. The doctor at the hospital felt it would be best for her to see a doctor who runs an actual respiratory clinic, also in Asahikawa where the hospital is, so that was accomplished. Vicki now has new medications to help her asthma and is doing better. She also has an appointment to return to the clinic on the 24th of July for the overnight SAS testing.
While in Asahikawa, we included a visit to a Japanese family we have known for about 27 years. Ken pays a visit to the doctor husband about once a month just for conversation and witnessing opportunity. This last visit revealed that the grandmother (in her 80’s) has lung cancer. One of the daughters (a concert pianist on tour in Europe) had returned for 2 weeks so we were able to see all 3 ladies that afternoon. Rie, the daughter, accepted a New Testament to take back with her and promised to read it. We were able to have prayer with the grandmother and she seemed to really appreciate it. We just pray that the Word of God may work in all 3 of their hearts and Dr. Urayama as well.
1. Salvation of unsaved family members of our believers
2. Open witness amongst families of secret Christians
3. Miss Tsuzuki’s and Mr. Motoyama’s salvation-he told us he can’t come for 3 weeks then will be back!
4. Urayama family’s salvation especially for the grandmother before she enters eternity
5. Praise for safety in traveling about 800 miles in one week’s time and witnessing opportunities and fellowship with Pastor Mike and June Backhaus
6. More to come to Sunday services after personal invitations
7. Praise– Ken’s checkup revealing no new difficulties and no need to be seen again until October
8. Haboro Evangelism on July 6th (beginning at 9 p.m. EST Thursday-5th)
9. Business to pick up for Mrs. Sonoda’s husband in his job as local plumber. For her to be encouraged even when the bills are not getting paid. For her health as she fights a severe ‘metal’ allergy
10. Vicki’s Sleep Apnea testing on 24th of July
11. Virgil’s return to States on 26th of July
Serving Christ Together,
Ken and Vicki Mansell
Just A Prayer At Night – your evening is our daytime