GIRL’S DAY IN JAPAN
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure. Isaiah 46:10
As we enter the last month of the year and prepare for a glorious Christmas time, we can be truly thankful that our God knows and declares the beginning and the end of all things. The eternal living God not only knows all of time, but has through the Bible related all we need to know about what has happened throughout the ages past. He has also, through prophesy, given us all we need to know about the future. What God says has happened, did happen. What God says will happen in the future, will happen exactly as He says in the Bible. May we trust in this truth when doubters mock the history of the Bible. May we find hope when the world around us is falling apart before our eyes. Let us keep our eyes, minds and hearts on the sure Word of God.
Roundup of events this month:
1. As Vicki returned from the missionary wives retreat in southern Japan, Ken picked her up at the airport and we went straight to a dedication service held at a larger beautifully remodeled building that became the home of Suzuran Bible Baptist Church in Kita-Hiroshima City, pastored by Tony Evans. What a blessing to see all those that gathered to rejoice in what the Lord has provided for this group of believers. The music was all a glory to God of what Great Things He Has Done and the preaching a challenge, not only to the local believers, but to each of us who attended.
2. Ken has gone through several continued health checks this month. When we got our full health check results, the group that processed one test asked him to get further testing to double check what they found. That is still ongoing and Lord willing, by the end of this month we will have that answer. He will also have further testing on the right kidney. Its working capacity has dropped significantly due to the inoperable stones he carries in that side. It has been decided, at this time, to just monitor the prostate cancer. Thank you for continued prayers for his health.
3. We held the annual Hokkaido thanksgiving missionary gathering here on the 22nd. This is always looked forward to with great anticipation, along with the two other annual gatherings throughout the year. Besides good food, each age group enjoys fellowship and friendship; the boys enjoy a friendly game of touch football, the women catching up on all sorts of subjects, and the men aren’t far behind in all they discuss as well. The children are yearly measured at a special height chart (wood posts) to see who has grown the most. This year the teenagers, led by a couple young ladies, did all the clean up between meals so the ladies could just sit and continue visiting after all the work they put into preparation. Our time together in praise and thanksgiving via testimonies & song is a much treasured tradition.
4.We ended this month with another annual tradition—the birthday celebration trip to Sapporo to meet with Dr. Mitsu and his wife Tomoko (both in their early 80s) for dinner, orchestra concert and seeing the Winter Illumination set up by the City of Sapporo. So far the Tomiyamas have not been truly open to the Gospel but there is always witnessing done throughout the course of the evening. Tomoko-san and Vicki both have December birthdays, both are preemie born and both are left handed so this is mostly why this all was set up through our friendship. We figured out that this was our 7th yearly gathering. Ken has an English class via Skype weekly with Dr. Mitsu and we continue to pray for their salvation.
1. Various Christmas events: 3rd, dinner with teachers that Ken team teaches with, & adult English class. 18-English classes Christmas event. 22-afternoon Christmas program with invitations given out to many and posted in stores. For our believers to be able to attend; for each taking part as well as many town folk to attend. It varies every year. Two different mayors have attended every year. We are praying the new mayor will also begin to attend.
2. Ken’s continuing health checks and tests through the 20th of December
Serving Christ Together, Ken & Vicki
Just A Prayer At Night – Your evening is our daytime!